The Africa Center of Excellence in Coastal Resilience (ACECoR)established as part of the World Bank’s Africa Center of Excellence (ACE) for Development Impact Project and housed at the University of Cape Coast in Ghana’s Center for Coastal Management, invites qualified national, regional and international applicants his MPhil and PhD degree programmes.
The overarching goal of ACECoR is to support the technical capacity development of young African Professionals to address issues of coastal degradation and promote the sustainable use and management of marine and coastal assets within the sub-region.
Scholarship sponsor(s): Africa Center of Excellence in Coastal Resilience
Host institution(s): University of Cape Coast, Ghana
Scholarship worth: Full scholarship
Number of awards: Multiple
Study level: MPhil and PhD degree
Nationality: International students
Also apply: TU Delft Fulbright Scholarships 2023 in the Netherlands
DETAILS | ACECoR Applications for MPhil and PhD Programs
ACECoR will conduct education and research programs in collaboration with academic institutions and industries at the national, regional and international levels to ensure a multi- and interdisciplinary approach to address coastal degradation in the sub-region. The specific objectives of ACECoR are:
- Enhance the capacities of young African scientists in the thematic areas of coastal geomorphology and engineering, climate change adaptation and mitigation, disaster risk management and migration, ecosystems and biodiversity science and blue economy, governance and social resilience.
- Provide demand-driven applied research data and innovation for relevant industries and sectors in the above themes.
- Development of regional data support systems on marine and coastal issues. Create multi-sector marine and coastal networks for an integrated approach to solving coastal degradation in West Africa.
- Provide career development for the faculty through an international exchange program and further training.
To be considered for ACECoR applications for MPhil and PhD programs, applicants are expected to meet the following requirements:
- The ACECoR scholarships are available to all African citizens who meet the University of Cape Coast entry requirements
- Priority will be given to female candidates and to candidates from West and Central African countries.
- Applicant must demonstrate a strong interest in science and technology research, development and innovation as well as the ability to work optimally and independently in an international multidisciplinary environment.
- MPhil – The minimum entry requirement for the MPhil programs is a first degree (Second Class Lower Division or equivalent) in a relevant discipline of the social sciences, economics, statistics, mathematics, science or engineering, from a recognized university
- doctorate – The minimum entry requirement for the PhD programs is a two-year master’s degree with research in a relevant scientific or engineering discipline or an equivalent qualification from a recognized university
- Candidates for the PhD program (Blue Economy, Governance and Social Resilience) must:
- Have an MPhil or research MA/M.Ed/MSc/MBA degree in an appropriate field from a recognized university; OR
- Have an MA/Med/MSc/MBA degree in an appropriate field, with CGPA of 3.5 or better with no more than grade C+. Have also scored B+ or better in the Research Methods course.
See Also: Columbia University GSAPP Admission Scholarships for International Students 2022 – 2023
How to apply: To be considered for ACECoR applications for MPhil and PhD programs, applicants must apply online. Find more information about program details, available scholarships and the application process at https://acecoradmissions.ucc.edu.gh.
All candidates must submit the following (indicating preferred area of study):
- Completed scholarship application form
- Certified copy of academic certificates and transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of motivation
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (minimum one from a former teacher/supervisor)
- 6. A 3-5 page research proposal in the preferred area of research
Application Deadline: November 15, 2022
Leave a Reply