Applications are invited from young applicants from all over the world for the IREX Community Solutions Program 2023-2024a fully funded professional leadership development program in the United States of America.
The program is a one-year professional development program for people working to improve their communities by addressing issues related to the environment, peace and conflict resolution, transparency and accountability, and women and gender.
Irex Community Solutions Program 2023-2024 | DETAILS
The Community Solutions program includes a four-month fellowship in the United States, where fellows are matched with host institutions in the US, where they complete a four-month practical professional experience. The fellows will also participate in the Community Leadership Institute, a leadership training program designed to strengthen their leadership and management skills. In the US and with the support of the US Host Organization, Community Solutions fellows design and plan a community development initiative or project to implement after they return home.
See also: Yale Young Global Scholars 2023 for studies in the US | Apply now
The program covers the costs of most expenses related to:
- J-1 visa support.
- Return journeys from the participants’ residence to the US
- Monthly allowance to cover housing, meals and other living expenses while in the US
- Health insurance for accidents and illness.
To be eligible for the Community Solutions Program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- You are between 25 and 38 years old on January 1, 2023.
- You are a citizen of one of the eligible countries.
- You live and work in your own country. Individuals with refugee status who work for their own communities may receive special attention.
- You have a minimum of two years of experience working on community development, either as a full-time, part-time employee or volunteer.
- You are not currently enrolled in any U.S. academic, training, or research program
- You have a high level of proficiency in spoken and written English at the time of application. Semifinalists must take or submit recent scores for a TOEFL or IELTS English language test.
- From August to December 2023, you are available for four months to travel to the US.
- You are not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and you have not applied for U.S. permanent residency in the past three years.
- You are eligible for a US J-1 visa. Applicants who have participated in an exchange program sponsored by the United States government must have met their two-year residency requirement.
- You are committed to returning to your home country for a minimum of two years after completing the program.
- You are not a current employee or consultant of IREX, or their immediate family member.
Also check: MEPI Tomorrow’s Leaders Scholarship Program 2023 (Fully Funded to USA)
How to apply: Interested candidates for the IREX Community Solutions Program 2023-2024 should: Register online after going through the application instructions.
Application deadline: November 2, 2022 at 11:59 PM EDT
Visit the official website for more information
Leave a Reply