We are aware at socialstore.com.ng that you are searching for WAEC syllabus for Marketing 2023/2024 Pdf Download, WAEC syllabus for marketing 2023 download, marketing scheme for WAEC 2023 pdf, WAEC area of concentration for marketing 2023, WAEC syllabus for marketing 2023 pdf download, WAEC scheme for civic 2023/2024, WAEC scheme 2023, WAEC area of concentration for civic 2023 pdf download, WAEC marketing 2023 then you are not alone.
- WAEC Syllabus For Mathematics
- WAEC Syllabus For Chemistry PDF Download
- WAEC Syllabus for English Language PDF Download
- WAEC Marketing Questions and Answers
The Marketing area of concentration at the Senior Secondary School level in Nigeria is designed to assess the candidates’ basic knowledge of marketing. It includes an overview of marketing, marketing concepts, marketing mix, consumer and organizational behavior, marketing management, and entrepreneurship.
SCHEME OF THE EXAMINATION
There will be two papers, Papers 1 and 2, both of which will constitute a composite paper to be taken at one sitting.
PAPER 1: will consist of forty multiple-choice objective questions which will cover the entire scheme. Candidates are expected to answer all the questions in 50 minutes for 40 marks.
WAEC Marketing Syllabus (Area of Concentration) 2023/2024
1. The genesis of MarketingThe breakdown of this topic include:
- Advantages and disadvantages and functions of marketing
Important terms to note: Know the definition of the following marketing terms;
2. Marketing ConceptsRead everything under this topic and take note of all the important terms like:
- Societal marketing
3. Marketing MixCandidates should study everything under the marketing mix.
At the end of your study, you should be able to give a good explanation of the marketing environment and how environmental factors like politics, culture, religion, economic, technology, and the social system affect marketing.
4. ProductsAt the end of this topic, candidates should be able to give a detailed explanation of products, how to classify them, and the differences between the different classes of products.
Note: Products can be classified into:
- Industrial goods
- Consumer goods
- Mineral products-oil/non-oil
- Primary/secondary products
5. MarketStudy all the concepts of a market. Also, know the meaning and classification of markets
6. The ConsumerCover up everything on this topic including the decision process in a logical order and the consumers influencing factors.
7. Marketing PlanningStudy all the procedures, steps, and the process involved in marketing planning
- Study the importance and marketing research skills and techniques
- Know the basic elements in marketing planning.
- Also, study the Information required and the reasons for marketing planning and research.
8. PricingStudy everything under this topic.
9. AdvertisingKnow the meaning, functions, uses, advantages, disadvantages, means, and types of advertisement.
10. Sales Promotion
Detailed WAEC Syllabus for Marketing 2023/2024
The WASSCE marketing topics are further put in tabular form for better understanding.
Introduction to Marketing
(b) Explanation of basic terms in marketing: needs, wants, demands, product, exchange, transactions, and markets,
(c) Brief history of marketing in Nigeria;
|d) Functions of marketing.|
|(b) Various marketing concepts (production, product, selling,|
|marketing and societal marketing).|
|3||Marketing Mix and||(a) Meaning;|
|Marketing||(b) Elements (4 Ps);|
|(c)i Explain Marketing Environment|
|(c)ii Factors affecting marketing environment:|
|(b) Classification (Industrial goods, consumer goods,|
|services, primary and secondary products and mineral|
|products-oil and non oil;|
|(c) Distinctions between classes of products.|
|(d) Product Design*|
|– Organization (industrial, reseller and government)|
|6.||Consumer and||(a) Meaning;|
|(c) Decision process in logical order|
|7.||Marketing Planning||(a)i Meaning, process and importance;|
|and Research||ii Elements of marketing planning;|
|iii Information required for marketing planning|
|(b) Reasons for marketing planning and research.|
|(c) Utilization of feedback|
|(b)i Strategies (haggling, cost-plus, demand and|
|ii Application of strategies*|
|(c) Price determinants.|
|(c) Media – meaning, types, advantages and disadvantages.|
|(d) Production of sample adverts*|
|10||Sales Promotion||(a) Meaning and Functions;|
|(b) Forms – price-off, coupons, salesmen competition,|
|loyalty schemes, premium offers, trade-in-allowance,|
|sampling, training schemes, and merchandising incentives.|
|(b) Elements (packaging, branding and labeling)|
|(b) Channels of distribution (definition and types)|
|(c)||Factors influencing choice of distribution channels|
|(d) Functions of channel members.|
|13||Transportation||(a)||Meaning, mode, choice and importance;|
|(b) Documents used in transportation;|
|(c)||Factors affecting choice of transportation|
|14||Warehousing||(a) Meaning, types and functions.|
|(b) Activities in the warehouse|
|15||Market Unions and||(a)||Market Unions (Meaning and types)|
|Facilitators||(b)||Roles of Market Unions in local markets;|
|(c) Market Facilitators – meaning, types and roles.|
|16||International||(a) Meaning, importance/reasons and methods of engaging in|
|(c) Guiding rules and regulations;|
|17||ICT in Marketing||(a) E-Marketing (electronic marketing) – meaning,|
|,importance, uses, ethics and abuses.|
|18||Entrepreneurship in||(a)||Meaning of entrepreneurship and entrepreneur;|
|Marketing||(b)||Sources of funds;|
|(c) Factors affecting location of a market outlet;|
|(d) Management of market outlets – purchase and supply of|
|goods and services;|
|(e) Selling and bargaining skills;|
|*Emphasis should be on practical|
WAEC Marketing Recommend Textbook 2023
- Fundamentals of Marketing by O.O. Shokan – MAM Education Limited, Lagos.
- Commerce Textbook by G.A. Saka and Nnabuko J.O. – Emiola Publisher Ltd
- Marketing in Nigeria: Concepts, Principles and Decisions, 2nd Edition by B.A. Agbonifoh, O.E Ogwo, D.A. Nnolim, and A.D. Nkamnebe, (2007). – Afritowers Limited Publisher.
All candidate should encourage themselves by reading through their syllabus to gain more knowledge about the examination.
The WAEC Marketing scheme of work above is made available in PDF Format for download.