Applications are invited from emerging academics participating in conferences to apply for the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Early Career Conference Scholarships allowing them to share research, learn about the latest developments and build valuable professional networks.
The ACU Early Career Conference grants help ensure that more emerging researchers and the universities that employ them can take advantage of these valuable opportunities.
ACU Early Career Conference Grants 2023 | DETAILS
The Early Career Conference Grants are for academics attending both virtual and in-person conferences. The conference is to take place between April 1 and September 30, 2022. A maximum of 40 slots are available for the ACU Early Career Conference. The grant covers conference registration, flights, accommodation, data, visa fees and others.
See also: Google Research Scholar Program for Researchers (grant available)
To be eligible for the 2023 ACU Early Career Conference Grants, applicants must:
- Be employed by an ACU member university with a job title of Lecturer, Postdoctoral Researcher, Professor, Associate Professor or equivalent.
- Be within 7 years of starting their academic (research/teaching) career.
- Have not previously traveled outside their work area for work purposes (including conferences) since the beginning of their academic career.
- Not be a previous recipient of an ACU Early Career Conference Grant (formerly known as Early Career Academic Grants)
For virtual conferences, the grants cover:
- Conference registration fee up to £600 GBP
- A £50 GBP data grant for successful applicants who do not have reliable access to Wi-Fi.
- Free access to a half-day training session on how to give great virtual presentations
For in-person conferences, grants are up to GBP 2,000 for:
- Conference registration fee
- To flee
- Visa fees
- Travel and health insurance
- COVID-19 testing for travel
You might like: Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Early Career Researcher Training Grants 2021/22
As part of the application form, applicants must:
- Provide details of their chosen conference, including a copy of their abstract
- Specify whether the conference should be held virtually or in person (for hybrid conferences, applicants must choose whether to attend in person or virtually)
- Choose the Sustainable Development Goal(s) that best match their research and describe how their research can contribute to achieving these goals (100-200 words)
- Explain the reasons for their choice of a conference and how it aligns with their research interests (100-200 words)
- Explain how participating in the conference will benefit their career and professional development (100-200 words)
- Explain how they will share the knowledge they have gained from participating in the conference (100-200 words)
- Attach a detailed letter or email with support from their department head
- When applying for a Personal Conference, please specify the cost for which they are applying for funding
Application Deadline: 28e Nov, 2022