The Brookings Institute invites applications from scientists around the world for: Echidna Global Scholars Program 2023 – a chance to pursue one fully funded four to six month research project at Brookings in the US. The Brookings Institute Echidna Global Scholars Program is a fellowship organized by the Center for Universal Education (CUE) of the Brookings Institution.
The structure of the program is divided into two main components to help the scholars make an impact on their return to their home countries: research on global education issues and leadership training. The program aims to build the research and analytical skills of NGO leaders and academics who have significant experience and ties to developing countries.
Scholarship sponsor(s): Brookings Institution, USA.
Scholarship type: Full financing
Host institution(s): Brookings Institution, USA.
Scholarship worth: Full Funding + Housing Allowance of USD $5,000.
Number of awards: Not mentioned.
Study level: Postgraduate
Nationality: Non-US Applicants
Also Check: Emory University Scholar Programs in USA 2023 [Funded]
Qualifications and Requirements
- The program selects professionals with extensive experience in and connections with the Global Southa Transparent intention to return to the South after completing the Brookings residency period.
- Applicants must have a passion and demonstrated commitment to: improving learning opportunities and life outcomes for girls, young women, and gender non-confOguiding people in and through education.
- Applicants must have a background in education, development, economics or a related field, with a minimum of 10 years of professional experience in research/academic field; non-governmental and civil society organisations; government; or business.
- Education: Master’s degree required; PhD or research background highly preferred.
- Knowledge/skills requirements: Strong analytical and writing skills. Successful applicants have a solid understanding of educational development issues and gender.
Echidna Global Scholars Program 2023 | BENEFITS
Applicants selected for the fellowship will receive;
- A stipend totaling $22,500 USD to support living expenses during the pre-residency and residency periods (subject to U.S. tax withholding and reporting).
- In addition, CUE covers costs associated with the visa process, single-family homes for the three-and-a-half-month stay period, round-trip travel, and a limited health insurance plan.
Please note that this position is a temporary full-time fellowship at Brookings (it is not an employee position).
Recommended: Top 25 Fully Funded Scholarships in USA for International Students
How to apply: Interested candidates should proceed to: Register online and send a cover letter and resume or resume as a document when you apply. Please make sure to upload the following materials for the first application;
- A Cover Sheet explaining how the program will affect your life and the life of your community, and your goals and intent for the program, along with your resume or resume which should include your education and professional experience, as well as a list of your publications and any grants, honors, awards, funded research, or foundation support you have received. Send a letter of application and CV or CV as a document when you sign up, following the instructions.
- the completed Echidna Global Scholars Program Application. (Click on the hyperlink to open and upload the document in the “Writing Preview” section).
- Documents should be saved in the format Last Name, First Name, and Document Name (example: Doe_Jane_CV).
- Letters of recommendation, writing samples, and transcripts are NOT required. Upload the questionnaire and research project proposal in the Writing sample section.
Application deadline: December 1, 2022.