Buhari and Ngige condemn attack on Ifeanyi Ubah

The president, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (ret.), on Wednesday described the shooting in Anambra state of the convoy of the senator representing Anambra South, Ifeanyi Ubah, as barbaric and reprehensible.

A statement signed by the president’s senior special assistant for media and publicity, Garba Shehu, said he is “closely monitoring the situation and awaiting further details on the response to the situation by the police, military and other security agencies.” .”

This comes as Labor and Employment Minister Chris Ngige described the attack as evil and malicious, noting that it was a major setback to the relative calm that has recently been restored to the state.

Ngige urged the people of the state not to succumb to fear of the attack on Ubah that claimed the lives of aides and security officers.

The PUNCH reported that Ubah’s convoy was attacked on Sunday by gunmen in Enugwu-Ukwu, Njikoka Local Government Area of ​​the state as he returned to his hometown, Nnewi, killing many, including as many as four police officers.

See also  Owo massacre: five suspects arrested, Akeredolu . says

The statement signed by the president’s senior special assistant for media and publicity is titled: “President Buhari condemns the attack on Ifeanyi Ubah as barbaric.”

It read: “We are deeply concerned about the activities of armed groups in the region and other parts of the country.

“The nation has lost four brave police officers and other aides to the senator. On behalf of the government and the people, we pay our respects to these security men and the aides who were brutally murdered. Our thoughts and prayers are with their families at this difficult time.”

In a statement from his Abuja media agency on Wednesday, Ngige asked security forces to track down the murderous perpetrators and bring them to justice.

The minister said: “It is certainly a setback at a time when many thought there had been reprieve from the terrible darkness that has lately enveloped our dear plight. However, we must not allow that daylight terror to stumble our resolve over it.” visor of a new cycle of tragedies Evil must not win.

See also  Troops rescue six hostages in Kaduna

“That’s why I accuse the security services of doubling their efforts to get rid of the criminals as quickly as possible. Ndi-Anambra must not succumb to fear, but must gather around the government and security forces to track down the criminals who are terrorizing our state.”

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*