Columbia University Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation GSAPP provides institutional financial aid to support the graduate education of the most highly qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds and nationalities.
This one scholarships aim to reduce financial barriers, increase equity and access to education, and deliver the highest level of students who can benefit from and contribute to the GSAPP experience.
Scholarship sponsor(s): Columbia University GSAPP, New York
Host institution(s): Columbia University, New York
Scholarship worth: Full tuition and travel allowance
Number of awards: Multiple
Study level: masters
Nationality: Domestic and International Students
See also: ENS International selection Scholarships 2023/2024 for Sciences, Art and Humanities
DETAILS | Columbia University GSAPP Admission Scholarships
These scholarships are awarded at the time of admission, GSAPP scholarships for incoming students are competitive and are awarded based on recommendations from the program admissions committee.
Direct funding at GSAPP through grants, grants and assistantships is competitive and not available to all admitted or enrolled students. Each applicant is eligible for merit-based scholarships and has the opportunity to complete a needs assessment attached to the application for admission.
Columbia University Financial Services Office for Students partners with the GSAPP Office of Admission and Financial Aid to provide student support, including federal loan processing and information about the Estimated attendance costs and types of assistance.
To be eligible for Columbia University GSAPP Admission Scholarships, applicants are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Funding is determined by the program’s admissions committee.
- All applicants, national and international, are eligible.
- All applicants may complete a needs assessment form attached to the application for admission. The form must be submitted at the same time as the application for admission. The deadline is the same as the admission deadline.
- The notification of a GSAPP scholarship is included in the admission letter.
- Towards the end of the program term change (the second week of each semester), a direct scholarship will be paid into the student’s account each semester.
- Full-time enrollment and good academic standing are required.
- Scholarships are for the entire duration of the degree and are distributed and paid evenly for each semester. For students in the M. Arch, MS UP, MS HP, MS. CCCP or NY/Paris programs, scholarships are paid evenly for the fall and spring semesters. For students enrolled in the MS AAD, MS AUD, MS CDP, or MS RED programs, the scholarships are split evenly for the Summer, Fall, and Spring semesters.
Also Apply: Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS) 2023 Application Update
How to apply: All applicants are eligible for a GSAPP scholarship at the time of admission. Because selections are merit-based and must be informed, applicants are encouraged to complete the Needs Assessment Form in the online application for withdrawals.
Application Deadline: Not Listed