Fans fear Tyson Fury has gone far too quiet, leaving them doubtful whether the heavyweight showdown with Anthony Joshua will be confirmed.
Joshua has accepted Fury’s terms for a pre-Christmas showdown that the public has long wanted, but the danger never seemed to happen.
A purse split of 60-40 in favor of Fury as the WBC heavyweight world champion had already agreed and now Joshua has compromised on December 3 for one of the biggest battles in British boxing history.
The deadly duo will finally meet under the retractable roof of Cardiff’s Principality Stadium.
Fury had suspended negotiations out of respect for the global mourning following the Queen’s death, but Joshua has stimulated further discussion by instructing his own management company, 258, to close the deal.
“258 and Matchroom Boxing can confirm on behalf of Anthony Joshua that we have accepted all terms and conditions submitted to us by Fury’s team for a fight on December 3,” 258 tweeted Tuesday. Due to the death of the Queen it has been agreed to stop all communication. We are waiting for a response.”
Joshua’s team quickly received one on Twitter from Fury’s promoter Frank Warren on Twitter, when he replied, “Contract will be with you very soon.”
However, since Joshua accepted the fight, it has been radio silence from The Gypsy King on social media, which is very different from him.
Fans are seemingly concerned about Fury being off since Joshua’s latest news.
One fan said: “Fury will fight his way out of the fight. Let’s not forget that he pretended to be on board at the AJ fight and lied about not knowing about the Wilder arbitration.
“While he’s been quiet for days since AJ called his bluff, surely he won’t be bottling?”
A second said: ‘Tyson Fury has gone a bit quiet. It’s almost like he thought Joshua wouldn’t take 40 percent. Then he thought Joshua wouldn’t be ready until December 3. His planned fight against Charr is now a bull’s eye. Absolute fraud.
A third posted: “That biker mouth Tyson Fury has gone quiet huh! I didn’t expect this to be him – he had a garbage man lined up for December and would blame AJ for not getting up. Had his pants down pulled down here!
While another added: “Non-stop videos from Fury and now reports Joshua has accepted that he has gone quiet.”
More fans have been concerned about the potential fight, with a few believing an announcement may be imminent, hence the silence.
One said: “Over to you Tyson Fury?! Don’t shut up, he accepted everything asked of him? Or is there another stipulation?!
Another said: “By no means an AJ fan but Fury is very quiet today given the news.
A third added: “Fury v AJ Dec 3, still think team fury did not expect AJ to accept these terms, and he is very quiet on social media now.
While one advocated Fury’s case, saying “I’m not one for conspiracy theories, but the fact that it’s all gone quiet on the AJ v Fury front means to me that an announcement is imminent and no one wants to let it slip until there is a joint announcement.”