(JUST IN): NCAA lifts suspension on Azman Airlines after operational requirements are met

Three days after grounding Azman Airlines operations with more than N1.2 billion in debt and other operational difficulties, the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) announced on Friday the renewal of the Air Transport License (ATL) of the airlines.

The regulatory agency attributed its decision to renew Azman’s license to the carrier’s ability to meet all outstanding requirements.

A short notice from the NCAA announcing the renewal of the airline’s ATL stated: “As a result of meeting all outstanding requirements, the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) has granted the Air Transport License (ATL) of Azman Air extended, allowing the airline to resume flight operations.”

NCAA had previously suspended Azman Air’s Air Transport License (ATL) for failing to pay *N1. 2 billion funds collected from air travelers on her behalf to the treasury.

The NCAA’s director general, Captain Musa Nuhu, also accused the airline of failing to file the security clearance for the renewal of its ATL, which expired in April 2021.

See also  Court hears charges against Tinubu Oct

Nuhu said the N1.2 billion debt was revenue generated by the five percent Ticket Sales Charge (TSC) and Cargo Sales Charge (CSC) collected by the airline from air travelers.

The TSC/CSC is shared by five aviation agencies; NCAA, Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA), Accident Investigation Bureau (AIB), Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NiMET) and the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology (NCAT), Zaria.

While NCAA gets 58 percent of the five percent of TSC/CSC that are the agency’s main revenue, the other four agencies share the remaining 42 percent.
The initial grounding of the airline’s operations on Wednesday resulted in dozens of passengers being stranded at Kano Airport, in particular.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*